Click here to read or download the TurboKOOL 2017 Installation Manual in PDF Format.
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
UNIT DOES NOT OPERATE -
1. Try switches at all speeds in both directions.
2. Check wire connections at switches, resistors, at wire nuts and at power supply.
3. Check fuse and charge level of battery.
4. If installed on trailer and operated on vehicle battery, check if inner connection correct.
5. With speed switch in OFF position, remove hood. Rotate fan by hand to check for interference with venturi opening, filter, pump rubbing on bottom of baffle or motor frozen.
6. Check for mineral/salt deposits in and around mechanical parts such as fan blade, spin-spray pump and water cup.
INADEQUATE COOLING -
1. If no air flow, check above items 1 thru 5.
2. Check water level, water supply lines and valve.
3. Check filter and pump. If dirty, clean as directed under maintenance.
4. Check to see pump cone tip is submerged in water and check 1/2 - 3/4" clearance between end of pump cone and bottom of circular waterpan.
5. If water depth is less than 3/4" - 1" depress float and observe if water is flowing thru the valve. Refer to Item 5, "Adjustment Procedures" on Page 9 to reset.
6. Check filter for mineral/salt deposits that can cause the filter to perform very poorly.
EXCESS VIBRATION -
1. Check fan blades and pump cone, rotating by hand. Note whether fan blades are broken or if cone set screw is loose. Are fan blades hitting filter or edge of venturi opening?
2. Check for loose screws, loose or deteriorated rubber motor mounting bushings. Replace if needed.
3. Excessive mineral/salt deposits can cause imbalance in the fan blades and the spin-spray pump - in turn, creating a vibration.
WATER LEAKAGE -
1. Check to make sure your unit is mounted on a portion of the roof level with the ground.
2. Check water level in unit. In Installation Manual refer to Item 5, "Adjustment Procedures," on Page 9 for float valve adjustment.
3. Also see "Notes to Keep in Mind" on Pg 6.
EXCESS WATER CONSUMPTION -
1. Check items listed under Water Leakage above.
2. If rate of water consumption is not due to a leak but instead only during operation, remember, your TurboKOOL is providing cooling effect in proportion to the water consumed. Under conditions of high temperatures and low humidity, more water is used.
3. Severe driving conditions, such as rough roads or sharp turns cause excessive action of the float valve and allows the unit to overfill. See item 12 in Installation Instructions. (See How TurboKOOL Works.)
Recommended Routine Maintenance
1. Every 6 months or as needed, remove the filter and clean by hosing down with water from outer surface inward, or soak in a bucket of soap & water or apple cider vinegar to loosen dirt, alkaline etc. If your TurboKOOL is used in certain areas where the water has high alkali content, it may be desirable to clean more often. In these areas it may be to your advantage to have an extra filter on hand.
2. Check the spin-spray pump cone for caking of alkali and clean off with fine steel wool. Make sure the holes at top of cone are not clogged. Since the inside of the cone pump can also become caked with alkali, you may wish to replace it periodically if performance drops.
3. The motor is equipped with factory oiled and sealed bearings. Under normal use, the bearings need no additional oil. If used in high alkali areas for long periods of time, a drop of oil in the lower bearing (3-in-1 or sewing machine oil) will help. We recommend that you turn on your TurboKOOL, either wet or dry, at least once a month and run for 5 minutes or more, even during the off season.
4. Before the start of the warm season, check the condition of the filter, motor mount grommets and wiring. Replace if they are cracked, brittle or deteriorating.
5. To clean the circular waterpan, remove the hood and 4 screws, and the 3 screws holding the motor mount assembly. Remove (as an assembly) - the motor, 10" fan and the spin-spray pump. Gently turn over and lay to one side. Remove the filter. Remove the two thumb screws holding the baffle ring onto the water tray. You may now wipe out the circular water tray.
6. Contact your local dealer or PRV Parts, LLC for any parts required, or for assistance in case you encounter problems. Always include the model number and serial number when writing. Both numbers are found on the I.D. label, see Fig.6 on the side of the body.
We have a staff of experienced technicians who can answer your tecnical questions or give you more information on our products. Just E-mail us at info@PRVParts.com or call our Tech Support and Customer Service number (9am-5pm Pacific Time, Monday thru Friday) at 714-795-2424. If we're not in, please leave a message and we'll get back with you as soon as possible.